Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Getting Started


I have more arts and craft supplies than any person needs to have - as most of you that love to create can probably relate.  So, in fact, getting started in the world of mixed media art was just a matter of reorganizing, putting some of the scrapbook elements to the back of the shelf and pretty much moving the yarn, knitting needles and ribbon to another room (yes, I have taken over several closets and an entire room).  I have been on a couple of scrapbook design teams and have always said I was "creative, but not an artist".  So the idea of it all was rather daunting.  My son, who himself is pretty creative, encouraged me to give it a try.  So I watched videos, Robin Marie got me started with her videos and  pretty much changed my life - really.   It was pretty thrilling as things began to take shape and I actually liked what I was creating. And, I was having a blast in the process.  So all you creators, dig out those paint brushes, water colors, ink and stamps and tubes of paint and get started.  You can do it and it may turn into an adventure like it has for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment