Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Costumes


Time flies - Halloween 2002


Just got home from Bible Study Fellowship.  I am thankful for God's grace.  If you are looking for a great way to study God's word and to grow, find out if there is a BSF class near you.  I don't think there is a better thing you can do for your family.  This week one of the questions was "What do you think you do that displeases God?"  Wow, that is not one we like to think about, but when we do and we confess it, He will make changes in our lives that can transform us and affect our children and our relationships.

Tonight is Halloween and I don't have any little ones anymore, though my daughter still wants to dress up and walk around the neighborhood with her friends.  I want to share that I worked at one of the schools this week.  Most of the little kindergartners showed up in full costume and many little boys were super heroes.  One little boy had forgotten and was on the verge of tears so I let him go to the office and call home.  He was so excited and proud when his grandmother brought his costume and he, too, was a super hero.  It made me think of the time my son wanted to be a Pokemon character.  I never felt that it was worth it to invest a lot of money in Halloween costumes so I tried to make his costume.  Well you can see the result above.  But you know that sweet child of mine never complained about how ridiculous that costume was.  I know he was embarrassed but he wore it anyway.  Somehow he knew that that costume would not be the deciding factor in whether he could become a super hero.  I'm not sure how but I think he knew it was more heroic to just wear the costume his mom had made for him and to have fun with his friends without complaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment