Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Featured




I did two projects for Canvas Corp/7Gypsies to be used for a blog hop with Authentique Paper.  I loved the products and had so much fun combining scrap book design with my new love of mixed media art. I did a garden journal.  I find that growing flowers is good for the soul and I love my flowers.  There are several hidden journaling spots in the journal.  Something new I did that I would not have done a couple years ago is cover everything in Mod Podge.  I love it and I think it adds protection to the album.  Try it!!
Feel free to check out the Canvas Corp blog here:  http://canvascorp.com/blog/





I also did a canvas.  Again, just dig out your stash of patterned paper scraps and piece together a picture, all the time adding texture with inks, papers, words, etc.  I used the Authentique Lively collection for both pieces and loved the texture and feel of this high quality paper.  I also love Stazon ink.  I don't think anything compares.  (No, I am not geting anything from either company).

I have been scrap booking for years, but when I have thrown in this mixed media element, I think it has given me such a freedom to create.  As a scrapper, i was very symmetrical and clean.  Here I can slap on things here and there that go a little more outside the box.   Give it a try, and don't be afraid to just keep adding and if you don't like something, just keep on layering until you have covered up what you don't like.

Off topic, I am saddened by the election, but I pray for our country and its leaders.  Everything God does is good and right and he is in control.  Keep the faith and keep on praying.

2 comments:

  1. I HAD to come over from the Authentique blog to say WOW - your pieces of art are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...thank you so much for telling me. I just loved the papers and had a lot of fun doing the projects. I am inspired by all the great blog posts this week. Have a great day and thank you again.

    ReplyDelete