Friday, December 21, 2012

So much to do and someone has the flu...


So Christmas is just around the corner, presents are mostly wrapped, kids are home from college, there is even a bowl of baked goods that I made with a wonderful friend and our daughters...Things are feeling wonderful.  And then my daughter got sick, so I took her to the doctor and she has the flu.  She is missing a party tonight with all her friends.  They are making ginger bread houses together and she feels so bad she doesn't even care that she can't go to the party.  I feel bad for her because they are wonderful friends and I know they will miss my fun Emily.  And... now I am coughing and getting that feeling like someone is standing on my chest.  Panic is hovering over me.  I'm thinking who will fill the stockings (or help Santa fill the stockings, I should say) and take pictures, who will cook and keep the laundry pile manageable, if not me?  And, I am certain that I will spend Christmas alone because I can't even think about risking going to all the family events and making everyone else sick.   I don't think I have ever been sick at Christmas - I did spend Y2K in a hotel room in Dallas with strep throat while the rest of my family went to the Cotton Bowl, fortunately the lights stayed on.

I did put my Etsy shop on vacation until after the New Year.  I figured I would focus on family until then.  But, I am anxious to add some fun new things in January (above), a precious new brown haired angel and lots of valentine things...once i get through Christmas...sick and alone...haha...

It will be interesting to see how it all works out...maybe I will spend the day with Santa, taking down the tree and hearing all about his adventures on Christmas Eve... if I am really lucky maybe he will even tell me who was on the naughty list this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment