Sunday, March 17, 2013

Love 146


Through Etsy I met Danielle.  She has a blog called Take Heart.  She is very involved in the efforts to end sex trafficking and does a couple fund raisers each year for an organization called Love146.  She asked me to donate a piece of art for each of the last two events held.  These events are in NY, far removed from my little town, but if you go to her blog (There is a link under my list of blogs to the left) or to the Love145 site, you can't help but want to do something.  Read about the little girl in the red dress for whom the organization is named.  My first picture I did is on the bottom above.  I forgot to take a picture of it so this is the best I have.  The second one I did is on top.  The top picture has the words faith, hope and love embedded in it.  The bottom one is about Hope which is a big motivator of Love 146.   I hope you will visit their site or Danielle's blog.  
Another organization I think highly of is Girls On the Run.  I got to do a special canvas for them this year to be used as a thank you for their corporate sponsors (above).  GOTR teaches young girls about fitness, self esteem and making right choices.  They train for a 5K and also spend time bonding with girls and coaches and building weapons against peer pressure and bad choices.  I don't have a great picture of this one (though my printer does).  This canvas included lots of the positive words GOTR uses to help inspire these girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment